Cold pressed elderberry seed oil contains about 80% of all the needed essential unsaturated fatty acids (EFA), especially linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid, and an unsaponifiable fraction in the form of tocopherols, phytosterols and phospholipids. The phytosterols and phospholipids present in the oil reduce TEWL, which is manifested by improved hydration and general condition of the skin, while its incorporated tocopherols determine its antiradical, anti-inflammatory, normalizing and soothing effect.
The dermatological and cosmetic activity of the EFAs in Sambucus Nigra are related to the possibility of building them into the structures of intercellular cement, which results in the skin becoming more elastic and improves its barrier functions against harmful environmental factors (pollution, UV). Moreover, these EFAs increase the production of anti-inflammatory factors, and allow the product to reduce TEWL and as a result improve epidermis hydration.
We sell only in bulk: MOQ 25 kg
Elderberry seed oil application & properties:
- Suggested concentration in cosmetics formulas: 5%-15%.
- Has a characteristic aroma and amber colour.
- It contains fatty acids such as linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid, palmitic acid and stearic acid.
- Improves the condition of damaged skin, it also has an anti-wrinkle effect.
- Enhances hydration and the general condition of the skin
- The product is used in care products for regulating oily skin and is also recommended for acne.
- The oil is used in cosmetic preparations for seborrheic and acne skin and it improves lipid metabolism – sebum becomes less frequent and does not plug sebaceous gland orifices, which, among other issues, prevents the formation of pimples.
- It is used in cosmetics for moisturizing and soothing irritated, very dry, cracked, sensitive, atopic and flaky skin.
- The oil is incorporated into cosmetics for skin care dute to it post-peel regenerating properties after treatment with strong acids and retinoids. It is applied to enable skin regeneration after sunburn and for rejuvenating and firming mature skin.
- It is used in skin care products for seborrhoea and for treating acne.
- The product is found in hair conditioners, hand creams and lip balms.
- Its use improves epidermis hydration and increases the production of anti-inflammatory factors.