Cold Press Elderberry seed oil contains about 80% of essential unsaturated fatty acids (EFA), especially essential fatty acids (EFA) linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid, and the unsaponifiable fraction in the form of tocopherols, phytosterols and phospholipids. Phytosterols and phospholipids present in the oil reduce TEWL, which is manifested by improved hydration and general condition of the skin, and tocopherols determine its antiradical, anti-inflammatory, normalizing and soothing effect.
Dermatological and cosmetic activity of EFA in Sambucus Nigra is related to the possibility of building them into the structures of intercellular cement, which results in the skin becoming more elastic, improves its barrier functions against harmful environmental factors (pollution, UV), reduces TEWL and as a result improves epidermis hydration and increases the production of anti-inflammatory factors.
We only sell in bulk: MOQ 20 liters
Application & Properities
- Suggested concentration in cosmetics formulas: 5%-15%.
- Has a characteristic arome and amber colour.
- It contains fatty acids: linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid, palmitic acid and stearic acid.
- Improves the condition of damaged skin, it also has an anti-wrinkle effect.
- Improves hydration and general condition of the skin
- Aloso used in care products for regulating the oily skin, recommended also for acne.
- Used in cosmetic preparations for seborrheic and acne skin, improves lipid metabolism – sebum becomes less frequent and does not plug sebaceous gland orifices, which, among other things, prevents the formation of acne changes.
- It is used in cosmetics for moisturizing and soothing irritations for very dry, cracked, sensitive, atopic and flaky skin.
- In cosmetics for skin care as post-peel regenerating after treatment with strong acids and retinoids; regenerating sunburn; rejuvenating and firming for mature skin.
- Aloso used in care products for seborrhoea and acne skin.
- Also suitable for hair conditioners; hand creams; lip balms.
- Improves epidermis hydration and increases the production of anti-inflammatory factors.