Natural dietary fibres
Healthy alternative to artificial
Conventional dietary fibres:
Organic dietary fibres:
Main applications in food
- Bakery (bread, cakes, wafers, baking mixes…)
- Confectionary (cookies, nutritional bars, granola, chocolate products, ice cream toppings…)
- Beverages (chocolate drinks, drinking yogurts, smoothies, instant drinks…)
- Dairy (yogurts, desserts…)
- Fruit preparation (yogurt and dessert fillings, jams, marmalades…)
- Savoury (snacks, instant soups and sauces, vegan meat”, canned products…)
- Supplements of diet
- Animal feed / Pet food
Granulation of fibre powder
Greenfield’s range of powdered fibres have fibre content varying from 30% to 85% and different degrees of grinding of the raw material. This gives you opportunity to choose the most appropriate fibre for your application.
Apple, aronia and blackcurrant fibre is available in 5 levels of micronization:
- m10 – super fine powder with particles size around 10 μm – dedicated for products where smoothness is very important
- m20 – standard fibre powder with particles size around 20 μm – suitable for most of applications
- m40 – coarse fibre powder with particles size around 40 μm – dedicated for products where smoothness is not important
- s400 – coarse fibre powder with particles size around 400 μm – dedicated for products where higher water absorption is important
- s600 – coarse fibre powder with particles size around 600 μm – dedicated for products where higher water absorption is important
Cocoa fibre is available in granulation m10, m20, m40. Cereal fibres are available in one typical granulation which is around 40-150 microns.
All our fibres are offered with 2 years of shelf life and are Kosher certified.
Nutrition and health claims
How much fibre powder should be used in your recipe if you want to claim “source of fibre” or “high fibre” according to EU regulations?
In order to meet the required content of dietary fibre in retail products with “high fibre” claim:
- 100 grams of ready product should include 10 grams of Greenfield blackcurrant fibre powder (where 60% is fibre = 6 grams)
- 100 grams of ready product should include 9,3 grams of Greenfield cocoa fibre powder (where 65% is fibre= 6 grams)
- 100 grams of ready product should include 7,6 grams of Greenfield organic oat fibre powder (where 80% is fibre= 6 grams)
|Source of fibre||High fibre|
|The product has to contain at least 3g of dietary fibre per 100g or at least 1,5g of dietary fibre per 100 kcal.||The product has to contain at least 6g of dietary fibre per 100g or at least 3g of dietary fibre per 100kcal.|
* REGULATION (EC) No 1924/2006 Listed on the Annex of Regulation
** EFSA Journal 2010; 8(3):1462; EFSA Journal 2010;8(10):1735