Cold pressed pomegranate seed oil contains saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, notably super CLA – and acid similar to conjucted linoleic acid (CLA) with greater beneficial effect. Noteworthy is the inclusion of such oil components as: phytosterols with a predominance of beta-sitosterol, stigmasterol and campesterol, phytoestrogens (genistein, daidzein, coumestans), steroid estrogens – 17-alpha estradiol and estrone gamma-tocopherol polyphenols.
The flavonoids and linoleic acid found incide pomegranate seed oil inhibit the activity of pro-inflammatory enzymes and prostaglandins, hence, its suitability for application in treating inflammatory skin diseases such as acne or its use as a healing aid. When applied externally, pomegranate oil stimulates the division of keratinocytes and thickens the epidermis. Moreover, it inhibits the formation of new blood vessels, which makes it also suitable for people with rosacea (rosacea). Even at a concentration of 5%, it significantly reduces the formation of skin tumours. Its contained estrogens and phytoestrogens have a firming effect and shallow fine lines.
We only sell in bulk: MOQ 25 kg
Pomegranate seed oil application & properties:
- Has an antioxidant effect, i.e. protects the skin against the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Activates skin regeneration processes and accelerates the healing of irritations.
- Moisturizes, increases skin elasticity and firmness.
- Nourishes and revitalizes tired and prematurely aging skin.
- Supports the healing of acne inflammation.
- Improves blood circulation and skin tone.