The chemical composition of cold pressed rosehip seed oil is unique. It contains 0-90% unsaturated fatty acids (including alpha-linolenic acid), vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), high antioxidant content in the form of vitamin A (beta-carotene, retinoic acid, lycopene, rubixanthin, zeaxanthin), flavonoids (isocentrin, anthocyanosides), polyphenols (catechins EC, GC), minerals – magnesium, potassium. Natural epidermal lipids are damaged by sunlight and free radicals, which impoverishes the skin’s natural protective barrier. Applied to the skin, EFAs (essential fatty acids) as found in rosehip seed oil, restore its physiological protective properties and cause regeneration of epidermal barriers damaged by environmental factors.
Rosa Canina oil obtained from dried rosehip seeds improves the condition of the connective tissue of the dermis, and thus the skin becomes firmer, more elastic and the number of wrinkles is reduced. A unique and rich combination of active substances contained in rosehip oil makes it a great ingredient in cosmetics with rejuvenating, anti-inflammatory and regenerating properties for ageing and sun-damaged skin.
We sell only in bulk: MOQ 25kg
Rosehip seed oil application & properties:
- We recommend using it in cosmetic products as an active substance in the amount of 10-20%.
- It is a liquid oil, yellow to pale orange in colour
- An natural oil with a characteristic rose fruit scent; it does not cause skin colouring. It is a concentrated oil, which, after application, lubricates and makes the skin more elastic and is absorbed with time.
- It is used during a fat phase in cosmetic formulas.
- It is used incorporated in cosmetics for all skin types, especially for mature, mixed, vascular, dry and normal skin. Rosehip oil is an additive to creams, masks and regenerating, firming and anti-ageing serums.
- The oil can be found in cosmetics for skin care after sunbathing, e.g. as a component of soothing burns emulsions.
- It is a common ingredient in massage oils.
- Rose hip is found in cosmetics for scars and stretch marks – as lotions and emollients.
- It is a vital ingredient in cosmetics for acne and sun discolouration.