Cold Press Raspberry seed oil belongs to a new, interesting group of oils obtained from berry fruit seeds. These are valuable oils for cosmetic and food use. Raspberry seed oil is a rich source of vitamin E in the form of alpha-tocopherol and more unique gamma-tocopherol. Vitamin E is an effective antioxidant and free radical scavenger, soluble in fats. Raspberry seed oil also contains strong antioxidants, such as carotenoids and flavonoids, including elagotanins, which are the precursors of ellagic acid, a component with intensive antiradical and DNA (genetic material) cell protection, as well as antimicrobial, antiseptic and antispigmentative properties, protecting against discoloration.
Rubus Idaeus contains a high amount of Unsaturated Fatty Acids (EFAs). EFAs, especially linoleic (Omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (Omega-3), are the main component of the skin’s lipid mantle. EFAs are not produced by our body, therefore they must be supplied from the outside in food or on the skin in the form of appropriate cosmetic preparations. The use of products rich in fatty acids is necessary to maintain healthy and properly moisturized skin. EFA – linoleic and alpha-linoleic acid play an important role in the proper functioning of dry and oily skin. In addition, both linoleic and alpha-linolenic acids applied to the skin, have a brightening effect and inhibit the production of melanin – a brown skin dye, which, produced in excess under the influence of the sun, causes the formation of irregular discolorations.
We only sell in bulk: MOQ 20 liters
Application & Properities
- Natural oil with a characteristic, slightly fruity aroma. Does not cause skin colouring. It is a concentrated oil, which, after application, lubricates and makes the skin more elastic, absorbing after a while.
- It acts as a natural sunscreen, which to some extent absorbs UVB radiation.
- A strong antioxidant, scavenging free radicals, thus protecting against photoaging of the skin.
- Has an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect, promotes healing and soothing of sun erythema.
- Has an antiseptic and slightly brightening effect.
- Improves the lipid barrier of the epidermis, increases hydration and elasticity of the skin, improves its protective abilities and sebaceous glands.
- Promotes penetration into the skin of active ingredients naturally present in oil, as well as those added in formulations with the use of raspberry oil.