Cold Press Aronia seed oil contains about 80% of essential unsaturated fatty acids, especially linoleic (39%) and alpha-linolenic (8%) fatty acids (EFA), as well as phytosterols and phospholipids belonging to the unsaponifiable fraction. EFA (Essential Fatty Acid) are precursors of local hormones, such as prostoglandins, which keep the skin in good shape and prevent premature aging. EFA deficiency causes the natural resistance of the skin to external factors to disappear, more often there are irritations, redness, discoloration, inflammation, seborrhea, acne, atopic eczema and psoriasis. The skin becomes dry and inflexible, which accelerates the formation of wrinkles.
Dermatological and cosmetic activity of EFA in Aronia Melanocarpa is related to the possibility of building them into the structures of intercellular cement, which results in the skin becoming more elastic, improves its barrier functions against harmful environmental factors (pollution, UV), reduces TEWL and as a result improves epidermis hydration and increases the production of anti-inflammatory factors.
We only sell in bulk: MOQ 20 liters
Application & Properities
- Suggested concentration in cosmetics formulas: 1%-100%.
- We recommend using it in cosmetic products as an active substance in the amount of 10-20%.
- It is used in cosmetics for moisturizing and soothing irritations for very dry, cracked, sensitive, atopic and flaky skin.
- In cosmetics for skin care as post-peel regenerating after treatment with strong acids and retinoids; regenerating sunburn; rejuvenating and firming for mature skin.
- Aloso used in care products for seborrhoea and acne skin.
- Also suitable for hair conditioners; hand creams; lip balms.
- Improves epidermis hydration and increases the production of anti-inflammatory factors.
- Prevents plugging of sebaceous gland outlets, has an anti epidermal effect.